Young people experimenting with drugs are nothing new, and so are drug screening tests. Social influences, peer pressure from friends and colleagues, real-life experiences, etc., can all contribute to exposing an adult or adolescent to drug use. It might be taking prescription drugs to relieve stress or feeling euphoric using rave pills and even banned narcotic substances. Whatever the substance may be, it is undoubtedly dangerous for the health of the individual and society. Drug screening tests provide an effective solution to determine if a person took or is addicted to drug use or not. Moreover, drug test prices have become more affordable, making it easier for parents and other people to find out if their child or a loved one has been into drug abuse or not. With the help of specialized drug tests, you can not only get your loved one to deaddiction and rehabilitation but also ensure a healthy and bright future for them.
Unlike the myths prevalent, these specialized tests do not rob you of your fortune. In fact, drug test prices are very much affordable, even for low-earning people. Here’s what you should know about the process, benefits, and drug testing price in India.
What is a Drug Screening Test, and Is There any ‘At-Home’ Test Kit?
In drug testing, various human biological specimens such as blood, saliva, nail, and hair are examined to detect the presence of drugs or their metabolites. However, these tests do not identify the exact amount of drugs in the body. Instead, they will determine the history, frequency, and drug consumption patterns.
Yes, an At-Home Drug Test Kit is available with us. The Urine Pot Drug Test Cup is a ready-to-use kit for easy & accurate drug testing. This 14-panel Drug Testing Cup has an integrated temperature strip to detect different drugs in urine samples. All you need is a test subject and some fresh urine. Look at how simple it is to use a home drug test kit now.
Types of Substances Detected in Drug Testing
A drug screening test can detect the following drugs:
- MDMA (Ecstasy)
- Ketamine (KET, Jet)
- Cocaine (COC, Coke)
- Cannabis (THC, Weed)
- Opiates (OPI, Smack)
- Tramadol (TRA, Chill Pills)
- Methadone (MTD, Meth)
- Propoxyphene (PPX, Pinks)
- Amphetamine (AMP, Speed)
- Buprenorphine (BUP, Strips)
- Phencyclidine (PCP, Angel Dust)
- Barbiturates (BAR, Phennies)
- Benzodiazepines (BZO, Nerve Pills)
- Methamphetamine (MET, Crystal Meth)
Types of Drug Tests
The most appropriate and conclusive way of drug screening tests is through hairs and nails.
- Nail Drug Test – Nails (Fingers & Toenails) are made of keratin. They are 4 times thicker than a strand of hair and capture more of the substance. After the drug is administered, it is metabolized & distributed throughout the body via the bloodstream. As the bloodstream also supplies the nail bed, these metabolites get trapped in the keratin of the nails, providing a history of substance use. This makes it possible to detect drugs by Nail Drug screening.
Sample Collection – Nail Clippings should be as close to the nail bed as possible. A single nail clipping can suffice for the test if the nail length is at least 5 mm. For shorter nails, it’s better to take nail clippings of 10 mg (approx.) for a conclusive result. You can either use fingernails or toenails, but never both at the same time.
- Hair Drug Test – Hair Drug testing can determine the individual’s pattern, type, and habit of illicit drug use. Usually, when a drug is found at the hair roots, it is used very recently; if it is near the hair’s end, it was used months ago.
A hair drug test is classified into 2 types:
- Overview Analysis – In this, the episode of drug use is averaged till the time the test is conducted. It determines the drug use depending on the length of the hair sample. This could range from 3 cm to identify drug use within those 3 months, or up to 6, depending on the length of hair available.
- Segmented Analysis – In Segmented Analysis, it detects a person’s drug usage month by month. For example, in a 6-month segmented analysis, hair samples are sectioned into six segments of 1 cm to provide individual monthly analyses. The segmented analysis is especially useful for obtaining a trend in drug use, such as seeing a decrease or increase or highlighting intermittent use.
Sample Collection – About 200 hair strands about the thickness of a pencil are collected for Hair Drug Test. Generally, head hairs are preferred. However, in cases where there is not enough hair or no hair on the head or due to religious or cosmetic reasons, hair from other body parts can also be used.
Why DNA Forensics Laboratory for Drug Screening Tests?
DNA Forensics Laboratory Pvt. Ltd. (DFL) is among the top companies to provide 100% accurate and reliable DNA test results for various purposes in India. Furthermore, they are the only company providing Legal DNA Testing Services for the courts. We are now providing drug screening tests for the first time in India at a competitive drug test price. With 400+ collection centers across India & abroad, you can visit our nearest center to give the samples or call our collection agents at your address.
To learn more or book a Drug Test in India, call us at +91 8010177771 or WhatsApp at +91 9213177771.