Cell lines are used predominantly in biomedical research. Both human and animal cell lines play an integral part in establishing the uniform model system to identify the diagnostic tools, and even for the functional studies. Cell Line Authentication is an essential tool used widely in different fields such as medicine, vaccine development, cell biology, genetics, toxicity testing, drug discovery, and reconstructive medications. There is a unique characteristic in each cell line, which is utilized in different studies. Therefore, it becomes mandatory to know about the features and link description for their availability.
Why is cell line authentication necessary?
Cell cultures play an important role in laboratories. It is quite unfortunate that many cell lines are contaminated and misidentified with other cell lines during research work. Therefore, researchers waste a substantial amount of time and effort, including various costly library resources. Due to this reason, many journals and national health institutes recommend the use of authenticated cell lines before giving acceptance for publication.
Where is cell line authentication required?
- Before the establishment of a new cell line, it is mandatory to get an authenticated cell line.
- In case of doubts regarding cell lines, it is recommended to conduct the cell line authentication before freezing.
- Cells must be analyzed properly to avoid cross-contamination in case there is more than one cell line that is handled in the laboratory at the one time.
- It is significant to check the cells before the initiation of a new experiment.
- ATCC/NIH/NCBI recommends the validation of cell lines for journals.
In India and Asia, DNA Forensics Laboratory is the sole provider of Cell Line Authentication
Cell Line Authentication facilitates the detection of genetically drifted, misidentified, and cross-contaminated tissue cells. It can subsequently invalidate the research results. DNA Forensics Laboratory uses the exclusive method for cell line authentication known as STR DNA profiling. It is used to obtain a DNA profile from the isolation of DNA from other research specimens or a human cell line. It amplifies targeted area of the DNA and analyzed amplified product using a genetic analyzer. Obtained data then analyzed by GMIDX software for accurate and reliable results.
DNA Forensics lab works for various pharmaceutical companies, research institutes, and biotechnology companies. STR DNA typing procedure used in cell line authentication produces reproducible data following the guidelines by leading scientific organizations. It is the sole provider of Cell Line Authentication in India and Asia.
Reputed Government Institutions DNA Forensics Laboratory worked with.
DNA Forensics Laboratory has worked with major medical institutions to provide authenticated cell lines
- AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science) is the primary institute for which DNA Forensics Laboratory has worked. Predominantly endocrinology, biotechnology, biochemistry, and medical oncology departments have authenticated cell lines.
- Bhabha Atomic Research Institute also gets cell line authentication services from DNA Forensics Laboratory in its bio-organic division.
- IIT Kanpur and IIIM Jammu are also the institutes to whom DNA Forensics Laboratory provides cell line authentication.
DNA Forensics Laboratory also provided cell line authentication to various private bodies in our countries such as BT scientific services, CDRI Lucknow, IGIB Delhi, Indian statistical institute Kolkata, Integral Biosciences, Invictus oncology Delhi, Manipal Bangalore, National Brain Institute Manesar, NICPR, Noida and NCCS, etc.
Internationally, DNA Forensics Laboratory has provided Cell Line Authentication services to various international organizations such as Chiang Mai University Thailand. Authentication of cells becomes necessary because the authenticity of the research result depends on it. DNA Forensics lab is an experienced cell line authentication provider across India and Asia. To book an appointment, call our helpline number +91 8010177771 or can live chat +91 9213177771.