Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel
The Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel can accurately assess your risk of getting cancer running in the family, including prostate, lung, breast, ovarian, blood cancer, etc.
What is the Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel?
Did you have a cancer patient in your paternal or maternal side of relatives? If so, you might be at risk. At DNA Forensics Laboratory Pvt. Ltd., we are providing advanced genetic testing for cancer in India & the world. In fact, if you have a family history of cancer, you must surely get our Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel test at the earliest.
The Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel is a genetic test for ovarian cancer, breast cancer, and other types of cancers. It determines the risk of a person getting a cancer in his/her lifetime. Unlike other health issues, cancer can be relatively hard to treat. With the help of genetic testing for cancer, your doctor can determine which cancer medicine and treatment you will best respond to.
What is the Need for Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel?
Malignancies are uncontrolled cell growths and result in cancer of the affected part. The need for genetic testing for cancer is based on two parameters. The first being – detecting the genetic risk of cancer in a person, and the second is to predict the response of cancer treatment in the patient.
What do You get in the Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel?
The Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel tells you about the following types of cancers:
- Oral Cancer – It’s the cancer of the mouth. It’s one of the most common types of cancer, generally caused by tobacco chewing and smoking.
- Cervical Cancer – Cervical cancer is the second most common type of cancer in women besides breast cancer.
- Ovarian Cancer – Genetic test for ovarian cancer is also detected by the test.
- Prostate Cancer – Prostate is a part of the male reproductive system and Prostate Cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in men.
- Lung Cancer – A malignancy in the lung tissues causes lung cancer, generally affecting the cells lining of the air passages.
- Breast Cancer – A malignant tumor in the breast tissues causes breast cancer. It’s one of the most common cancers affecting women.
- Colorectal Cancer – Cancer of the colon and/or rectum is called colorectal cancer. Depending upon the site where cancer starts, it is called colon cancer or rectal cancer.
- Blood Cancer and Bone Marrow Cancers – These include cancers of the blood and bone marrow (leukemia), of the lymphatic system (lymphoma), or myeloma (cancer of plasma cells made in the bone marrow.)
Detecting the Genetic Risk of Cancer
Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel is the answer to the need for cancer risk assessment. The genes for cancer runs in the families. A mutated variant of the gene, called the carcinoma gene, causes cancer. Genetic testing for cancer predicts the risk of cancer in a given individual, and can prepare the person in advance, thus minimizing the risk of a possible fatality caused by it.
Prediction of Treatment Response
Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel test also determines the response to cancer treatment besides the genetic testing for cancer risk assessment. This way, the Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel can help personalize medicines and the treatment for a given type of cancer in an individual.
Who should get the Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel?
Hereditary Cancer gene Panel is an efficient genetic testing for cancer. This test is for:
- Young age people who have a family history of cancer.
- Men and women who are reaching or are in their 50s.
- Children born with certain birth defects like non-cancerous skin growth on the body.
- People belonging to a certain ethnic or racial group, where cancer is more common compared to the others.
Methodology & technology behind Genetic testing for cancer
The methodology behind the Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel testing is ‘Targeted Gene Sequencing’, which is used to selectively capture and sequence the protein-coding regions of the gene. Findings of this test, are based on ‘mutations in the exotic regions’. The test is done in accordance with the GATK Best Practices for accurate and actionable results of the Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel testing.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes. Go to our disclaimer page.
Steps involved in Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel Test
Order our Sample Collection Kit online or via a telephonic call. You will receive the kit at your address via a fast courier service.
Once you have received the kit, please fill the form included, follow the steps to collect the DNA sample, pack it, and send the kit back to us.
Once we receive your kit at our testing facility, a team of experts run the test using modern & state-of-the-art technology and generate your test report after careful analysis.
A Soft Copy of your test report is sent to your registered email ID. You can also opt for a physical print of your Genetic DNA Test Report.
Why DNA Forensics Laboratory is the Best?
- Simple and comprehensive report.
- Test done in four easy steps.
- World-class lab infrastructure, with the latest technology and equipment.
- Team of highly qualified and experienced molecular biologists, geneticists, bioinformaticians, and computer scientists for data analysis.
- The lab is equipped with the state-of-the-art Illumina instrument, which is a world leader in genetic technology.
- Accuracy and sensitivity of >99%. Competitors may use lower sensitivity and outdated equipment, which may not be ideal for the accuracy of the final results.
- Your test and personal data are protected by a robust system of information security.
- ISO certified: ISO 27001:2013 (Data security) and ISO 9001:2015 (quality management system to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements)
- We believe in quality rather than quantity: We report conditions that are well studied and reported and do not get into the race of more markers.
- Our report and bioinformatics algorithms take the genetics of Indian ethnicity into account.
- Team of geneticists, molecular biologists, computer scientists, and genetic counselors with more than decades of experience.
About DNA Forensics Laboratory
DNA Forensics Laboratory Pvt. Ltd. has been one of the most trusted DNA testing companies in India for various genetic testing services. With the introduction of genomics-based Wellness Tests in our portfolio, we are now offering the Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel test, including breast cancer and other cancer tests, at an attractive price.
Highly qualified and experienced professionals, hundreds of collection centers across India, a state-of-the-art testing facility, and a dedicated customer support team make us one of the best for Genetic Testing for cancer in the world.
Call now on +91 8010177771, or WhatsApp us on +91 9213177771 to learn more or book your Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel Test in India.
Have any questions? Ask Directly to Our Expert!
Please fill in the given below form and our executive will contact you.
What Clients Say About Us!
Hereditary cancer gene panel test is a must-have for everyone today, looking at the degrading food quality and contamination and pollution level. I got my test because my uncle suffered from prostate cancer and I wanted to see if I am at risk or not because cancer genes run in families. My test report also showed that I am at risk and it also showed which type of treatment I would best respond to, god forbid, if I get affected. A must-have test for everyone today.
I have heard that cancers can be genetic and the genes pass through generations. As my grandfather died from mouth cancer, I spent most of my life worrying about what if I get a cancer. So I decided to get a DNA test. I found DNA Forensics Laboratory on the internet and got a Hereditary cancer panel test. The report was very helpful as it revealed which type of Cancer I may get during my life and which treatment would be best for me. Thanks to the DNA Forensic team.
There were 2 cancer patients in my immediate and uncle’s family. I was also scared of the possibility of getting this deadly disease. I wanted to check how much the risk is, so I got a Hereditary Cancer Test from DNA Forensics Laboratory. I am very comforted with the report, as my doctor told me that there are very less chances and that it can be easily treated in case I get cancer. In today’s time there is an urgent need of this type of test. Thanks a lot to DNA Forensics Laboratory.
My father had cancer but by the medicines and mercy of Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam, he got cured. I am a father of 2 kids and wanted to check the risk of me or my kids getting this disease in future. I got the genetic cancer test for myself and both my kids. It was a very detailed report which I took to our family doctor. He told me that the risk was minimal and that my kids and I need to get periodic cancer screening checkups so that the disease could be diagnosed early.