Maternity of the child is in question? Don’t Worry! A DNA maternity test can help you determine whether the woman tested is the biological mother of the child or not. A child inherits its DNA in equal parts from the mother and the father. Therefore, the DNA is responsible for an individual’s physical and mental characteristics and also the resemblance of a person with their father and mother. Maternity testing has several applications in various fields. We are one of the best DNA testing companies providing a 100% accurate and reliable DNA maternity test in India.
The DNA Maternity Test in India can be used for the following scenarios:
- To confirm motherhood of children conceived through IVF (to ensure the right embryo was implanted).
- To determine the biological mother of an abandoned child
- To ensure motherhood in cases of the baby swaps at the hospitals
How is a Maternity Test Done?
First, the child & the alleged mother’s samples are collected for a DNA test.
After the sample collection, the next step is to extract the DNA from the cells & proceed with Short Tandem Repeats (STRs) analysis. In the next step, the STRs are subjected to a polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) process, amplifying the short-length STRs to yield comprehensive data. Finally, the experts analyze the data & generate a unique pattern, i.e., the individual’s final DNA fingerprint/profiling.
Nowadays, robust & automated techniques are available to perform various DNA tests. Using the power of next-generation PCR technology & capillary electrophoresis, one can accomplish any DNA test efficiently. Sample preparation, optimization, gel preparation, & electrophoresis is not needed. Instead, viable DNA is obtained using a DNA extraction kit, which is amplified and separated in a PCR & capillary electrophoresis machine directly.
Peace of Mind Vs. Legal Maternity Tests
Both peace of mind (POM) & legal maternity options are available. These tests are conducted using the same methodology and will provide accurate results. The main difference between the two tests is how samples are collected and reported.
Establishing a chain of custody for a Legal DNA Maternity Test is necessary to maintain the DNA test’s discretion and confidentiality at all levels. Once the test result is ready, the report is sent directly to the judge. Moreover, the samples must be collected by the lab authorized by the court. Maternity Tests for court cases are helpful in the following scenario:
- Child Custody
- Immigration purposes
- Birth certificate (name changes)
- Hospital baby switches
- Social security purposes
Peace of Mind DNA maternity test is used for assurance purposes only. These results cannot be used for legal purposes. The test results are directly sent to the customer’s email id.
Situations Requiring DNA Maternity Tests
Establishing the maternal relationship with a DNA test can be used for various applications. Some of the applications of a Maternity test are:
- Peace of Mind: A Peace of Mind DNA Maternity Test is used to establish the biological relationship of a person with the alleged mother or by the alleged mother with the children.
- DNA Test for Baby Swap in Hospitals: Baby swap cases in hospitals are still prevalent in India. A DNA test can help reunite with the biological child if one faces a similar situation.
- Organ Transplantation Test: The Transplantation of Human Organs Act, 2014 (THOA) makes it mandatory for the living organ donor to prove their genetic relationship with the organ recipient. For this purpose, a DNA Maternity Test is ideal when either one of the parties is the mother.
- Immigration: In the case of immigration, the applicant (beneficiary) has to be related to the sponsor (petitioner). If either of the parties is the mother, and the other is a son or daughter, a DNA maternity test is intended for successful immigration. If the primary documents cannot prove the maternal relationship, the immigration officer may reject the visa application. So, one should consider getting a DNA maternity test before applying for a visa.
DNA Forensics Laboratory – For Accredited DNA Maternity Test in India
DNA Forensics Laboratory Pvt. Ltd. is among the top companies for accurate, reliable, & accredited DNA maternity tests in India at competitive prices. With an excellent track record & high levels of customer satisfaction, we are the most trusted DNA labs across India & abroad.
A few other factors make us stand out in our field:
- The only company to provide Legal DNA Tests in India
- Have local & regional collection centers
- Providing NABL-accredited Organ Transplant DNA Test with Form-5
- Highly qualified & experienced team of professionals
- Multiple Sample Collection options
- Home DNA Testing Kit available online
- Fastest turnaround time within 3-5 business days
- Next day or same-day reporting option (T&C applied)
For further queries or to book a DNA Maternity Test in India, you call either call us at +91 8010177771 or WhatsApp at +91 9213177771.