The Spiderman, the Hulk, or the X-Men; did you know what was common in all these movie characters? The exact causes aside, they all got their superpowers from a genetic mutation. Now the question is if it’s really possible. There is a tricky answer to this. Though we haven’t come across any such superhumans, the mutations or the changes in the genes are very real. The sad part is, unlike the movies, such genetic changes often lead to certain diseases, and anyone can become a victim. A mutation is a term given to the natural arrangement of genes, which can result in eye diseases, skin diseases, sleep disturbances, to the possibility of cancers. So, what to do? The answer is to get a Genetic screening test.
The first thing to understand about genetic predisposition tests is that they are not diagnostic tests. Rather, they analyze specific genes associated with certain health conditions and provide information about your potential risk for developing those conditions. It’s important to note that having a genetic predisposition for a particular condition does not necessarily mean you will develop that condition.
Overview of Our DNA
DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is a complex molecule and contains the building blocks for our genetic makeup – the genes. It can be found in practically in every cell of our body and contains the instructions needed to create and maintain life.
Our genome (the entire set of genes in our cells) can be considered the ‘genetic book of life.’ The DNA is responsible for the creation of proteins. These proteins perform different functions necessary for the creation, growth, and sustenance of life.
Most DNA is found in the cell nucleus (nuclear DNA), and a small amount of DNA in mitochondria (mtDNA). Moreover, the information in DNA is stored as a code made up of 4 nitrogenous bases: adenine (A), guanine (G), thymine (T), and cytosine (C). Moreover, DNA ensures continuity from one generation to the next while allowing for slight changes that contribute to the diversity of life.
What is Gene Mutation, and How Do they Occur?
Each organism has its own unique DNA sequence. It can sometimes undergo changes in its base-pair sequence, known as mutations. The gene mutation is a permanent change to DNA sequences that makes it different from a normal DNA. Mutations can vary in size. It can affect anywhere from a single building block of the DNA to a large chromosome segment that includes multiple genes.
Need of Genetic Screening for Physical & Mental Wellbeing
- Identify predisposition to various diseases
- Early diagnosis and preventive action for familial diseases
- According to the test report, the doctor can determine what treatment or medicine will be most effective for the patient
- Personalize dietary recommendations to live healthily
- Plan regular preventive health checkups
What Kinds of Genetic Tests Are There?
Many types of genetic predisposition tests are available today. You can get the desired genetic tests from us at competitive prices. However, various factors can influence the genetic testing cost. All these tests are a must-have for anyone with a family history of the specific diseases.
- DNA Sleep Test – This test predicts the possibility of sleep disorders like insomnia, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome, and more.
- DNA Immunity Test – This DNA test analyses your immunity level and helps customize an ideal nutritional plan to boost your immunity.
- BRCA 1&2 Gene Tests – BRCA Gene Test assesses the risk of developing breast or ovarian cancer by detecting potentially harmful mutations in respective genes.
- DNA Autoimmune Test – It predicts the risk of autoimmune disease and helps plan for its management in advance.
- Wellness DNA Test – It unlocks the genetic code to get a deep insight into fitness, weight, diet & detoxification.
- Skincare DNA Test – It predicts the risks associated with skin health. Moreover, it allows you to understand your skin and where it will likely be heading.
- Inherited Eye Diseases DNA Test – This test is extremely helpful for people who have a family history of inherited eye diseases, like glaucoma, cataracts, blurry vision, weak eyesight, etc.
- Kidney Health DNA Test – It predicts the possibility and helps prepare you in advance for possible kidney diseases, like kidney stones, glomerulonephritis, and more.
- Cardiometabolic Risk Assessment DNA Test – It analyzes specific genetic markers in your DNA to determine if you’re at risk of getting heart disease.
- Hypertension Pharmacogenomic Panel – This test predicts the risk and decides which medicines to use for hypertension treatment.
- Hereditary Cancer DNA Test – Otherwise known as Germline Mutation Test, it accurately assesses your risk of getting cancer based on your family history, including prostate, lung, breast, ovarian, blood cancer, etc.
Why Choose DNA Forensics Laboratory?
DNA Forensics Laboratory Pvt. Ltd. (DFL) is India’s leading DNA testing laboratory. We’re committed to providing high-quality DNA testing services to the general public, doctors, embassies, hospitals, commercial establishments, legal professionals, as well as the law enforcement community.
Moreover, a team of compassionate, capable backs DFL and dedicated personnel to cater to the health needs of everyone. Our report provides you and your doctor with an insight into the risk of genetic diseases. The same helps your doctor decide on your lifestyle modification, like diet & nutrition, and physical exercises to prevent any possible risk of diseases.
Other factors that make us desirable for a genetic screening test are:
- Comprehensive Reports: The genetic predisposition test is a next-generation sequencing technology to analyze genetic mutations. Our experts leverage this technology and provides you with the best solution in the form of detailed genetic screening test. This test also provides clinically actionable information to your doctor.
- Convenient Sampling: Remote testing services, including online ordering.
- Cost-Effective Tests: Pocket-friendly genetic testing costs with uncompromised accuracy.
For further queries or to book your genetic screening, call us at +91 8010177771 or leave a message on WhatsApp at +91 9213177771!