Are you indeed biological siblings? Do you share the same parents with your brothers & sisters? If these questions keep recurring in your mind, then Sibling DNA Testing is for you. It is the most scientific & accurate way to prove that two or more individuals are biological siblings or not. Moreover, sibling ship DNA Tests can determine whether brothers & sisters share the same mother and father or share either the mother or the father.
Types of Sibling DNA Testing
Sibling DNA testing is available in various forms. Each one is designed to look at a different form of familial relationship. Individuals with the same biological parents (both) are called full siblings, while those with only one biological parent are called half-siblings. On average full siblings share around 50% of their genes due to common inheritance, and half-siblings share about 25% of their genes.
This should not be confused with step-siblings, where two people share no DNA but are related due to their parent’s marriage.
- Full Siblingship DNA Testing: This sibling test compares the DNA of two individuals to see if they share the same biological parents.
- Half Siblingship DNA Testing: This test is ideal for situations where alleged siblings share (one) common biological parents but are unaware of which one.
Sibling Ship DNA testing begins with the collection of samples from both parties. The samples are then sent to the analysis lab, where DNA profiling & report generation takes place. Usually, samples are collected using buccal swabs, which are rubbed on the inside of the cheek to collect cheek cells. Next, we will assemble the attached epithelial cells and extract the DNA for analysis.
Note: You can also give us other samples like rooted hairs, nail clippings, chewing gums, cigarette butts, clothing, etc. These samples may require viability testing to check whether DNA is present in these samples or not (T&C applied).
What to Consider When Selecting a Sibling DNA Test?
Legal Sibling DNA Testing:
It provides court admissible results that may be used to resolve child custody or support disputes, probate issues, and other legal matters. For a legal sibling DNA test to be admissible by the court, it should be carried out under the proper ‘chain of custody.’ It means the sample collection for the DNA test must be collected in front of the judge or in the presence of a court-appointed representative.
At-Home Sibling DNA Test:
It is a kind of Peace of Mind DNA Test, done for personal information only, as the identities of the individuals involved are not legally verified and provides you complete peace of mind. A pre-paid express envelope is provided so that you may expedite your DNA samples to our lab.
A sibling DNA testing report gives a ‘Siblingship Index,’ unlike other relationship DNA tests, whereby the DNA test report is only measured by how much DNA matches between two DNA profiles. If the Sibling ship Index is less than 1.00, the alleged siblings are not genetically related, and if it is greater than 1.00, both are biologically related.
Applications of Siblingship DNA Tests in India
Following are some applications of Sibling DNA testing:
- Peace of Mind (POM) – A Peace of Mind Sibling DNA Testing is ideal if two alleged siblings want to know if they are biologically related or not.
- Legal Matters – A legal siblingship DNA test is used to establish the parenthood of an individual for court cases such as child support or custody, social security, and other legal matters.
- Immigration Purposes – Immigration cases, where a person sponsoring their siblings’ immigration/visa, requires proof of sibling relationships through DNA tests to avoid visa refusals.
- Organ Transplant- As per THOA, 2014, sibling DNA testing for an organ transplant is required if the involved parties are brothers or sisters.
Which Company Provides Accurate Siblingship DNA Tests in India?
DNA Forensics Laboratory Pvt. Ltd. is a trusted company providing NABL-accredited test results for various DNA tests, including the Siblingship DNA Test. Besides being a company with extensive experience and satisfied customers, we also provide dedicated 24/7 support. Moreover, we are the only company that offers legal DNA tests in India.
The following factors will make you realize why we stand out in our field:
- 400+ collections centers around the globe
- State-of-the-art testing facility with the latest and most advanced technology
- Multiple samples collections
- Availability of DNA testing kit online
- Highly qualified and experienced technical staff for carrying out the tests and reporting
- Fastest turnaround time with same-day reporting facility (T&C Applied)
Got any more questions regarding Sibling DNA Testing? You can reach us at +91 8010177771 or via WhatsApp at +91 9213177771.