Do you have a cancer patient on your paternal or maternal side of relatives? If so, you might be at risk. Cancer, a disease characterized by uncontrolled cell growth, can be caused by various factors, including genetic mutations. While many cancers occur sporadically, there are instances where cancer is hereditary. Cancer itself cannot be passed down from parents to children. But a genetic change that increases cancer risk can be passed on to children if it is present in the parents’ eggs or sperm. Recognizing the importance of early detection, we offer advanced genetic testing for cancer in India and abroad. This early prediction of the cancer risk helps the doctors prepare a personalized management and treatment plan for the person. In this blog, we’ll explore the significance of this test, its applications, and how it aids in assessing an individual’s risk of hereditary cancer.
Understanding Hereditary Cancer Genetic Testing
Hereditary cancer genetic testing is a specialized genetic test designed to identify specific genetic mutations that can increase an individual’s susceptibility to developing certain types of cancer. This type of testing is particularly useful for individuals with a family history of cancer, as it can provide valuable insights into their inherited risk factors. However, it is not limited to such individuals only, as cancers are also frequently reported to be affecting individuals who don’t have a family history.
Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel test examines genes associated with hereditary cancers, such as BRCA1 & BRCA2 for breast and ovarian cancers, genes related to prostate, colorectal, pancreatic, and other forms of cancer. By analyzing the DNA samples of individuals, mutations within these genes can be detected, indicating a higher risk of developing the associated cancers. Moreover, our cancer genetic testing cost is set very competitively.
Importance of Cancer Genetic Test
- Early Detection & Risk Assessment: Hereditary cancer genetic testing plays a crucial role in identifying individuals at a higher risk of developing specific cancers. Early detection of hereditary cancer risk allows for cancer detection tests. This early diagnosis prompts the patient and the doctor to start the most-appropriate cancer treatment timely, thereby preventing the disease to grow into advanced stages.
- Personalized Treatment Strategies: Genetic testing results can guide healthcare professionals in developing personalized treatment plans for individuals with hereditary cancer risks. The information obtained from the test can help determine the best treatment approaches. It includes targeted therapies and preventive surgeries, such as mastectomy, a surgery to remove all breast tissue or oophorectomy, a surgical removal of one or both ovaries for risk reduction.
- Increasing Awareness: Hereditary cancer genetic testing can assist individuals in making informed decisions about family planning. If a gene mutation is identified, it can be communicated to other family members, allowing them to consider testing and take necessary preventive measures. This information empowers families to understand and manage their hereditary cancer risks collectively.
- Improved Prognostic Information: Genetic testing can provide additional prognostic information for individuals already diagnosed with cancer. It can help determine the likelihood of treatment response, disease progression, and potential recurrence. This knowledge aids healthcare professionals in tailoring treatment plans and monitoring strategies accordingly.
Who Should Consider Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel Test?
Several factors indicate the need for cancer gene panel test, including:
- Family History: Firstly, this test is a ‘must-have’ for individuals with a family history of cancer, particularly in cases of early-onset cancer. Secondly, people with multiple affected relatives should consider genetic testing. The presence of specific cancers, such as breast, ovarian, colorectal, or prostate cancer, in close relatives can be significant indicators.
- Personal Cancer History: Individuals who have been diagnosed with cancer at an early age, particularly if it is a type associated with hereditary factors, can benefit from genetic testing. Understanding the genetic component can help close monitoring and gain insights about the ongoing treatment.
- Ethnic or Racial Background: Certain ethnic or racial groups have a higher prevalence of specific cancer-related gene mutations. If an individual belongs to such a group, genetic testing can provide valuable insights into their cancer risk.
- Birth Defects: Some birth defects or non-cancerous skin growths may indicate an increased likelihood of having an underlying genetic mutation associated with hereditary cancer syndromes.
Advanced Testing Process and Reliable Results
Genetic testing for cancer involves collecting a DNA sample, typically through a blood or saliva sample. The DNA is then sequenced using next-generation sequencing technology, which allows for identifying genetic mutations within the selected genes associated with hereditary cancers. Finally, bioinformatic analysis is performed on the sequenced data to accurately identify and interpret the detected mutations.
It is crucial to choose trusted laboratories to ensure accurate and reliable results. In addition, genetic counseling and consultation with healthcare professionals are strongly recommended to interpret the test outcomes and formulate appropriate management strategies.
Why DNA Forensics Laboratory is the Best for Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel Test?
When it comes to genetic testing for cancer, DNA Forensics Laboratory stands out as the best choice for several reasons. Here are some key factors that make us the preferred option:
- Advanced Technology: The laboratory utilizes state-of-the-art technology, including next-generation sequencing, for genetic testing. This advanced technology enables efficient and accurate identification of genetic mutations associated with hereditary cancers.
- Accreditation & Quality Assurance: We’re accredited by relevant authorities, ensuring adherence to stringent quality standards.
- Expertise & Experience: Our team consists of highly skilled professionals who are experienced in genetic testing. Their expertise ensures accurate testing and reliable results.
- Competitive Pricing: We offer cancer genetic testing cost at a competitive cost, making it accessible to a wider range of individuals seeking to understand their genetic risk for hereditary cancers.
- Comprehensive Gene Panel: Our laboratory provides an extensive gene panel for hereditary cancer genetic testing. Through our gene panel, we analyze and evaluate the presence of mutations in the genes providing comprehensive risk assessment.
- Genetic Counseling Support: We provide genetic counseling to individuals undergoing Hereditary Cancer Genetic Testing. Genetic counselors help interpret test results, provide guidance on risk assessment, and assist individuals in making informed decisions regarding their healthcare.
- Confidentiality & Data Security: We prioritize the privacy and confidentiality of patient information. Moreover, we have robust data security measures to protect sensitive genetic data.
For further queries, call now at +91 8010177771, or WhatsApp us at +91 9213177771 to learn more or book your Hereditary Cancer Gene Panel Test in India.